Saturday 9 December 2017

Christmas? Already?

Not sure where the days are disappearing to anymore.  I can’t see anyway that it is over a month since I last posted.  Time seems to have taken on a completely different dimension and I can’t catch up at the moment.  

Currently, I have a Greek Workawayer, Alexi, who is knocking stuff off my To Do List.  



The weather is awful so at the moment the work is inside and he's painting and sawing wood.  I was lucky to have two great German Workawayers, for two weeks in November.  They're all good company and work so hard.  Here are Steffen and Sarah loading feedsacks and also putting up the Christmas trees in the driveway.





















I finally succumbed to buying my Nordmann Fir Christmas Tree and it is now having a long drink from the fish pond before coming in to be decorated.

Here are the men getting ready to net it for the car.
















This year I have been attending glass classes in Caurel and have made decorations ready for the season.  Here are just a few of them ...



















The weather has been either wet and warmish or cold with frost and hail.  Luckily we haven't had snow yet and I hope it doesn't come before Christmas as my son is coming from England by car and driving and snow are not a good combination.  The cold days do provide some interesting sunsets though.





The trees were late turning colour this year as it was so mild, but finally they did change and it was beautiful everywhere.

























Our Bowls Club had a competition this month and here are the competitors in their Christmas hats.




Our presentation lunch at Jerome & Virginie's bar/restaurant in Lanrivain was well attended and I was surprised to come home with three trophies.



My neighbour's kitten, Nilly, has officially moved in with us.  Occasionally Claude and Purrdy allow her to share the same plate but usually she sits quietly until they have had their fill.  





She is so lovely and I am pleased she's chosen our home!

Less welcome is my neighbour's goat, Gascon, who I looked up to find standing on my quite high boundary wall.  





They have had a tree surgeon here this week cutting down some very, very tall trees ...












































Friends, Maggie and Bea, laid on a Harry Potter Murder Mystery supper and I was given the character of Dolores Umbridge.  I have to admit to never having read or watched anything Harry Potter related so was at a slight disadvantage when it came to character reading!    Here I am dressed predominantly in pink, as Dolores.  The game pie Maggie served was absolutely scrummy!


The Writers' Group had their pre-Christmas lunch at Le St Antoine in Plemet which was thoroughly enjoyed as usual.  This was my starter and the whole meal was as perfect.



The  weather has also produced many rainbows during the month



I am usually driving when I spot them and it's not always easy to stop, but here's one on my way to Bowls.

My last photo is stolen from Facebook, but I believe it is the best snowman I have ever seen and I couldn't resist posting it here.  If we do get snow I shall be endeavouring to build one just like this.



Three things I like:

1.   Seeing Christmas cards in my post box instead of bills
2.   Finally, finding the Christmas presents I bought earlier in the year
3.   Collecting from the barn, a goose egg laid in November, they usually don't start until February

No comments: