Sunday 19 October 2014

A day out with my house/pet sitters


As I was going back to England for a few days in October I decided to advertise for house/pet sitters again.  I had a very nice German couple back in April and used the same company again.  This time my sitters were from New Zealand.  We talked on the telephone and exchanged lots of emails before they finally arrived at Dinard Airport a couple of days before my trip back.  They came with their eighteen year old son and the day before I left Brittany we drove to collect some hens and carried on to Locronan, a medieval town which I had visited earlier this year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One place I didn't go to on my last visit was the chocolate shop.  I rectified that on this second trip.  The perfume of chocolate was overwhelming as I entered the back room of the shop - absolutely delicious! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The town itself is so photogenic it's hard to know when to stop taking photographs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We left Locronan and went on to the coast stopping at a long sandy beach where kite surfers were preparing to get on the water. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All of the kite surfers were doing high jumps above the surface of the water and speeding along at incredible speeds in the wind.  A beautiful weather day for them and for us watching.
 
 
 
This is one of the bridges over the river in Chateaulin - a lovely looking town.
 
 
It was a lovely day out and was a great getting to know time for Wendy, Patrick, Chris and me.  I felt absolutely confident that there would be nothing to worry about when I left the animals in their care. 
 
Three things I like:
 
1.   The huge skies at the coast.
2.   The wonderful smell of chocolate.
3.   The wonderful taste of chocolate.
 
 
 



No comments: