Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year! May 2016 be a much better year than 2015.

Well another year has been put to bed.  Today is a very blustery and rainy day here in St André, 22480, and not at all representative of the very mild and benign weather we have been experiencing.  

Matthew, older son, landed as a footie from England on Christmas Eve morning having being delayed by the boat not being able to dock in Plymouth without the aid of a tug due to high winds and then a further delay of five and a half hours docking in Roscoff again because of high winds and low water too.  Nevertheless the weather was kind while he was here and we sat outside on the terrace on Boxing Day for a couple of hours - I was only wearing a camisole on top as the sunshine was lovely.  

Another Workway, this time Australian, arrived early in December and stayed for just over two weeks.  He carried on with my To Do List and I was able to cross a lot of tasks off the list by the time he left.  One of the things he did was to cut out and paint Christmas trees from some pallets my previous Workaways, John and Cora, had collected for me.  I decorated them with red baubles and ivy from the garage wall.  We hung them on the eyes which support the wires for the climbers in the summer on the house and garage walls - I love them!  The second one was made from the two triangular pieces which result from cutting a tree shape from the middle of a pallet and so is joined in the centre.



My tree, as usual, came from Sally and Richard - thank you so much!


We collected it when we went to Lorna and Alan's Christmas party, where we ate well, met up with old friends and new.  We also played consequences - something I haven't done for very many years.  


Because of the bizarre weather, I have so many flowers in bloom at the moment including, vinca major, bergenia, primroses, geraniums, marigolds, sweet williams, pinks, lobelia and antirrhinum.  The brambles on the shortcut to my field are flowering too and I worry about the frost damaging the fruit and there being shortages of everything next year.  

We had our Writers' Group lunch at Auberge de Guerledan in Caurel and it was very enjoyable.  I think we forgot to fix the next meeting date or I didn't jot it down.  


Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve was spent at Daryl and Sue's with friends, good food and games - Us and Them and Cranium.  Good fun and athough it was really foggy on my drive home on 31 December it was a lovely night.

I decided, in a mad moment, to let out the hens from their area in my garden.  By the time I had walked back to the house I had two hens behind me on the terrace.  The cats were quite bemused by this, not knowing what to make of hens being free in the garden. I will continue to leave them free until things start to grow properly.  It will give them a chance to eat up all the nasties in the flower beds.

I am starting 2016 feeling well.  Everything has healed completely from my radiation treatment.  I see my referring consultant on Tuesday, 5 January and then have to wait for the scan results in April to know how successful the treatment has been.  Fingers firmly crossed.

I hope all friends and family have a very happy and pleasant 2016! 

Three things I like:

1.  Feeling really well as I go into 2016.
2.  Seeing my garden tidy and ready for Spring thanks to my brilliant 2015 Workaways.
3.  Watching all the birds visiting the bird table right outside the sitting room windows.    








1 comment:

Millymollymandy said...

Love those Xmas trees, what a clever idea. I am so happy you are feeling well and cross my fingers for a successful outcome. Lots in flower here too, it's all crazy! xx