Saturday 2 August 2014

Friends on holiday, Mia's first birthday and a sneaky rabbit

My friend, June, and her twin granddaughters flew back to England on Thursday.  We had various days out, to the beach, to Lac de Guerledan , Bon Repos and to Amoripark.














































The other days we swam at home in the pool, collected eggs, played in the hot tub, chatted lots and sunbathed.  Somehow there seem to be quite a few empty wine bottles on the garage floor - can't imagine how that happened!   It was lovely having them here and it's very quiet now they've gone.  

I advertised for one or two adult female rabbits and got one reply.  Last weekend, I collected a  fairly small adult rabbit as company for Ruby.  After several days of them getting to know one another from each side of a fence, I finally put them in together.  The new rabbit, Gypsy, chased her and did unspeakable things to her head, her sides and the correct area! 



I picked Gypsy up turning her over to look at her underside more closely.  Gypsy is a male rabbit.  I put him straight back into a separate run and I think some friends will probably take him as a pet for their daughter and son.  So - the search for female company for Ruby goes on.

The week before last I heard lots of people talking in the lane outside my house.  I went out to find a group of walkers, all French and very friendly.  They talked to me about when and where they met each week and this morning I drove round to the back of the swimming pool in St Nicolas du Pélem and met two of the group there.  The others in the group were on holiday so we three women went off together and I ended up going to places I had never seen around my area, including coming across a huge menhir which Louise and Regine posed with to give some idea of scale.



According to the pedometer that Louise was wearing we walked for 7.230 kilometres which took just over two hours.  We climbed slopes and found paths blocked by fallen trees so it wasn't all on the flat by any means.  On the way back home I drove to the Tourist Information Centre in St Nicolas to collect a leaflet they'd told me about regarding a walk, talk, meal and concert on Thursday next week.   I found that one of the side roads in St Nicolas had been closed for a mini street market and bought some beetroot and some Merguez for supper tomorrow.

Last Sunday was my beautiful granddaughter's first birthday and here is Mia with her Daddy and Mummy at her party in Cornwall.  They Skyped me so I could "be there" for a little while at the party.


Small Cottage hosted a young Dutch couple this week who were lovely guests and left me some spiced Dutch cake as a gift which I will have a slice of with my next cup of coffee.  I have been very lucky with the people who have visited this year.  Co-incidentally, my next guests are Dutch too and then an Italian family - all very cosmopolitan!

Three things I like:

1.  Doing something new and meeting new people.
2.  Calling in at a British Charity shop on the way back from the airport and buying eight paperbacks - in spite of having a Kindle.
3.  Seeing Mia on Skype at her first year's birthday party.

1 comment: